Rapid, State of the Art Reverse Engineering of Complex Electronics and Integrated Circuits, Enabling:
- Trusted System and Cyber Vulnerability Assessments
- Electronics Obsolescence Management
- Anti Tamper Analysis & Design
- Electronics and Integrated Circuit Patent Infringement Assessments
- Coupled Electrical and Environmental Effects Testing
Trusted System and Cyber Vulnerability Assessments
- Reverse Engineering state-of-the art microchips is very difficult at best given the small dimensions, density of transistors and number of metal layers (Billions of nodes of information to track).
- It’s analogous to DNA mapping...
- And presents adversaries many places to hide things...
- And MSI can find them...
Electronics Obsolescence Management
MSI’s Automated tools enable going from Scanning Electron microscope picture to cell schematic.
The Customer of this sunset technology did not have the part documentation. MSI was able to automatically reverse engineer the functionality of the system and rebuild the functional documentation.
Anti Tamper Analysis & Design
We were asked to attempt to bypass known anti-tamper circuits.
A FIB cut was made to expose M4, and subsequently FIB edits decoded to the proper active mesh lines were made to prevent the device shutting down.
Electronics and Integrated Circuit Patent Infringement Assessments
Our Pix2Net Software allows automatic circuit extraction from the scanning electron microscope pictures for easy comparisons to existing patents.
Coupled Electrical and Environmental Effects Testing
- MSI can view root cause and chain of events in real time
- Shows how electrical effects couple into specific circuits
- Allows customers to monitor moment of failure
- Helps customers prove physics of electrical effect/IC interactions